At Wylie Community Counseling, we become guides and guests in your family's life, creating a safe culture for open discussion without the parents or teen feeling judged.
- A space for your Teen to open up.
- Professional guiding the family through developing a compassionate plan to return balance and harmony within the family.
- A guide to developing a no drama approach to discipline if required.
There are many benefits of teen counseing, some of which include:
- Improved mental health: Teen counseling can help adolescents manage symptoms of mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, and ADHD. The therapy may include talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, or other evidence-based approaches that can help alleviate symptoms and improve overall well-being.
- Improved relationships: Counseling can help teenagers work on their communication skills and build healthy relationships with peers and family members. It can also help resolve conflicts and misunderstandings that may be causing tension in these relationships.
- Improved academic performance: Counseling can help teens who are struggling academically due to mental health or emotional issues. The therapy can help improve focus, motivation, and time management skills, which can translate to better grades.
- Increased self-awareness: Counseling can help teenagers better understand themselves, their thoughts, and their emotions. This self-awareness can help them make better decisions and choices, and ultimately lead to a more fulfilling life.
- Better coping skills: Counseling can also provide teenagers with better coping mechanisms to deal with stressors that they may face in their daily lives. This can help them handle stressful situations in a healthy way, rather than resorting to harmful coping mechanisms like substance use.
Overall, teen counseling can be a valuable resource for young people who are struggling with mental health or other issues.
At Wylie Community Counseling, we specialize in treating individuals, couples, and families. With more than eight years of experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and over 5,500 counseling sessions in the past 3 years*, we're confident that no problem is too great to overcome.
*May 2020 – May 2023